May 2, 2021

Strawbs - Ebbets Field, Denver 1974

About time to have the Strawbs here, English band founded in 1964 mainly playing in the areas of folk and progressive rock.
This recording comes from their show at Ebbets Field in Denver, on March 4, 1974 which prominently featured tracks from the excellent Hero and Heroine published the same year. I like particularly the opening piece from that album, called Autumn.
The band is led by David Cousins, the only member from the original formation, and is still active having released in February an album entitled Settlement
You can find (much)more about them here:


Sound Quality: 9

Source: FM Broadcast

Track List:
1. New World
2. Lay Down
3. Autumn
4. Tears And Pavan
5. Just Love
6. Out In The Cold, Round And Round
7. Lay A Little Light On Me
8. Hero And Heroine
9. The River


6 comments:

MisterManiac said...

Love me some classic Strawbs! I have a few from this era but not this one. Thanks for sharing!

titus luxor said...

How is track 3 the opening piece? :)

Psyclist said...

Nice one... I love the Strawbs

AtticRock said...

Titus, I meant opening piece to the album Hero and Heroine, my phrasing was not the best :)

AtticRock said...

Should be better now (or not).

titus luxor said...

Ah, I get what you mean now. Nice post