February 29, 2020

Blue Öyster Cult - Lewiston NY 2011

Here's the amazing Blue Öyster Cult, courtesy of Titus Luxor.



Blue Öyster Cult
Lewiston NY 2011

I was stumbling around in the vaults here at Luxor Towers
when I came across this neglected show.
Audience recording, open air concert, low quality mp3
...didn't sound promising....Wrong! this is great IMO.
All vocals and instruments have good separation
and, most importantly, Buck's guitar is loud and clear.
I even love the way Red & the Black starts too slow
but picks up after, I'm guessing,
a withering look at Jules from Buck.
I will be taking Mrs Luxor to the Gateshead and Leicester
BÖC shows later in the year. Anyone going?
Also want to go to Paris in June
but can't get tickets...damn!
We saw them at Amager Bio in Copenhagen
a couple of years or so back.
That was one hell of a gig.
I believe it was their first time there since 1975.
Those Danes went mental! They told me they were "punks".
Don't think punk is the same thing there.
Fights broke out, girlfiends were pushed onto the stage
...crazy stuff.
I've seen them lots of times going back to the 70s
Unlike AtticRock who lives in Middle Earth
where bands rarely play.
Oh...and a big HELLO to Derek
A long time member of this community.
P,S. Any Renaissance fans out there?
regards
Titus

The Red & the Black
Before the Kiss (a Redcap)
The Golden Age of Leather
Burnin' for You
Cities on Flame
Shooting Shark
ME262
Last Days of May
Black Blade
Godzilla
(Don't Fear) The Reaper
Hot Rails to Hell

Link




8 comments:

Jobe said...

Many thanks looking forward to hearing this

Derek said...

The only time I saw BOC was in Paris 2009. Brilliant double bill show with Uriah Heep at the Olympia Theatre. I have an very good 8+ audience recording of this concert which I will try to upload soon if interested.

Unfortunately I will not be able to go to the June concert in Paris.

All the best,

Derek from Paris

AtticRock said...

Most of the big names usually play in Portugal, this year only we will have Kiss, Aerosmith, Pearl Jam, Strokes, Yes, The Black Crowes, Guns N’Roses, Iron Maiden, Lenny Kravitz and many more.
BOC is a whole different matter, to be honest if I was a promoter I would have serious doubts of booking a band that is practically unknown to people here. Which is of course very sad since they're one of my top bands.

Anonymous said...

I remember doing the 2009 BOC/Heep thing. Promoted by Harley Davidson
Titus

Derek said...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/l9gfvm57245we08/disc_3.zip/file

http://www.mediafire.com/file/xaqcm69r81hc0vd/disc_4.zip/file

BOC CONCERT IN PARIS 2009

Derek from Paris

AtticRock said...

Great share Derek, thanks!

Anonymous said...

The link doesn't work anymore :-( could you please put a new one ?

AtticRock said...

There's a new working link now!