November 10, 2022

Nina Simone LIVE at L'Olympia, Paris, France - 1969


LIVE
at L'Olympia, 
Paris, France - 
March 26 1969
I've seen this  recording listed as 
live in New Jersey 1968  but this is the real location for this inceridible recording
check  https://www.ninasimone.com/1960-1969/
There is a video of the whole show on faceshit too!
(I also have a copy of the video)

Maybe the best cover version of 
Albert King's  Born Under a Bad Sign 
 I ever heard is on here!

Nina Simone: piano, vocals
Al Schackman: guitar
Gene Perla: electric bass
Don Alias: drums, congas
Weldon Irvine: organ
Gina Rothchild: vocals
Doris Willingham: vocals

-Setlist: 
01. In The Morning
02. Backlash Blues
03. Compassion
04. Born Under A Bad Sign
05. I Can't See Nobody
06. Who Am I
07. I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be Free
08. The Other Woman
09. To Love Somebody
10. Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)
11. If He Changed My Name
12. Four Woman
13. Save Me
14. I Shall Be Released (cut short)
15. Revolution
16. Ain't Got No/I Got Life

LINKS
ZIPPY                         1FICHIER