February 3, 2021

Johnny Winter - Helsinki, Finland 1986

Here's the magnificent Johnny Winter at Kulttuuritalo in Helsinki, Finland. on January 13, 1986.
Not the best of recordings, with lots of tape hiss and speed issues, but the playing pays off.


Sound Quality: 9+

Source: FM Broadcast

Track List:
01 Succotash
02 Don't Take Advantage Of Me
03 Unseen Eye
04 Bony Moronie
05 My Time After A While 
06 Serious As A Heart Attack
07 Highway 61 Revisited
08 Murdering Blues
09 Johnny B. Goode
10 It's All Over Now

2 comments:

titus luxor said...

Hi AtticRock. Sorry if this is a bit long
...Happy Birthday Soundaboard! (on Monday)
Forteen years!
It got me thinkin'/researching about back then.
Couldn't help noticing that there were more comments.
Poeple seemed more excited and enthusiastic.
Maybe those were just the halcyon days of blogging
and we are now the remnants of a bygone age.
Anyway...I was thinking about Hear Rock City etc.
when I remembered a guy called Lizardson.
His blog was Time Has Told Me and it's still going!
AND...it started in 2006...so you lose your crown!
I posted stuff on Lizardson's site in May 2007
so it all tied in nicely.
Time Has Told Me is mostly folk music which was the reason
I gave up posting there and eventually I muscled in
on this guy called AtticRock who seemed more open
to my diverse tastes.
Cheers AR

AtticRock said...

Hi Titus!
Man, I didn't even remembered that this piece of history started on February, thanks for noting it and mostly for keeping close.
In these days there's so much offer culturally on diverse platforms that I think people just don't have the time to comment and interact more as they did back then.
Today the general interest is all about social networks an being online all the time which is not for me.
I'd like to try different things though but always keeping this corner alive.