May 17, 2015

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Roosevelt Raceway, Westbury 1974

We got here more than 3 hours of Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young music. They were the headline act of the "New York Summersault '74", a concert that was held on a racetrack located in the town of Westbury and gathered a crowd of around 75,000.
Jesse Colin Young opened the event followed by The Beach Boys and Joni Mitchell that also sang with CSNY in several of their songs.

Sound Quality: 9-

Source: Soundboard/Audience

Track List:
01 Love The One You're With
02 Wooden Ships
03 Immigration Man
04 Helpless
05 Military Madness
06 Johnny's Garden
07 Walk On
08 Almost Cut My Hair
09 Teach Your Children
10 Only Love Can Break Your Heart
11 The Lee Shore
12 Time After Time
13 Southbound Train
14 Another Sleep Song
15 Our House
16 Hawaiian Sunrise
17 Long May You Run
18 Ambulance Blues
19 Old Man
20 Change Partners
21 Myth Of Sysiphus
22 You Can't Catch Me - Word Game
23 Suite: Judy Blue Eyes
24 Deja Vu
25 First Things First
26 Don't Be Denied
27 Black Queen
28 Revolution Blues
29 Pushed It Over The End
30 Pre Road Downs
31 Carry On
32 Sugar Mountain
33 Ohio

MP3

11 comments:

waterlilys said...

It was Sept 8, 1974 a month after Nixon resigned. It was a really hot steamy day, enormous crowd, it was jam packed. A lot of us spread out on the middle grassy section had thoughts of how it must have been somewhat like this at Yasgur's farm 6 yrs before. The music, the vibe, the smell of grass pervaded your senses all day - it was fantastic. It was in fact, our Woodstock.
CSN&Y played for almost four hours! Joni Mitchell joined with them along with her segment. They were great, they did not disappoint. The Beach Boys, Jesse Colin Young played earlier. But the best by far was CSN&Y.
I'll never forget the announcement overhead that Pres Gerald Ford had pardoned Richard Nixon a low rumble of "boo" spread through the crowd. We knew then "I'm not a crook" Tricky Dick would never come to justice. It made thier playing of "Ohio" all the more poignant. This day epitomized my memories of that time... the politics, the war, the counterculture, and oh the music... all came together in that mass of humanity that warm summer evening. I'll never forget it.
I was 22.

James Bronx said...

I was there, just graduated High School. We hitch-hiked from Da Bronx. I was blown away on two tabs of acid, lots of weed and wine smuggled in wine bags (remember them?). They were not allowing cans or bottles inside. If anyone has pictures of the flagpole area, center of crowd, I'd love to see if i could find myself....

Mark said...

I cannot get the uploadable page to offer me the file. It just goes to more bullshit ads. Any help?

Mark said...

Cannot get file. Uploadable keeps putting up ads that don't allow me to get the file.

AtticRock said...

The links are good now!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Post again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for all of this!
Frank

No Title said...

Hello, I'd to dowmnload this one but I can't, share on line is not my host
You wrote "I'm trying a few hosts options here
since zippy seems to be in a fight for it's great reliable services.
please let me know which ones work for you if you can!"
Zippy and 1fichier are very good.
Thanks for the live gigs you put here

Unknown said...

Links are dead, can you re up plz

AtticRock said...

They're good now.

Gary said...

Dead links. Can you re-up please?? Thanks.

AtticRock said...

Ok, hope this new mixdrop links works for you.