December 17, 2014

Royal Southern Brotherhood - Isernhagen, Germany 2012

Royal Southern Brotherhood is an impressive collective of experienced musicians. In my opinion they play some of the best blues, rock and soul music that has been heard in the last years.
According to Devon Allman (Duane Allman's nephew) on a blog post from 4th July 2012: "The combined playing experience clocks in at about 170 years".
So far they have recorded two studio albums, the most recent is Heartsoulblood and it was launched in June this year.
This recording from a broadcast on a German Radio station is from October 2012 and has 11 tracks are from their first release.



Sound Quality: 10

Source: FM Broadcast

Track List:
01 Fired Up
02 Hurts My Heart
03 Gotta Keep Rockin'
04 Moonlight Over The Mississippi
05 Left My Heart In Memphis
06 Fire On The Mountain
07 Ways About You
08 Sweet Jelly Donut
09 New Horizon
10 All Around The World
11 One Way Out
12 Sweet Little Angel
13 Gimme Shelter
14 Brotherhood


3 comments:

giuseppe vivici said...

Gimme Shelter from the Rolling Stones?

AtticRock said...

Yes, they do it royally, check this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsCs3UWOVZM

giuseppe vivici said...

Incredible! You're a fantastic person, you make me discover Stones covers that I didn't know existed and that aren't even in Nico Zentgraf's database! And then these sound serious. Thank you again. I wish I could reciprocate, but I don't know how. Goodnight from Italy.