September 11, 2024

Cactus - The Rockpile, Long Island, NY 1971

Cactus was formed in 1969 by Tim Bogert and Carmine Appic who were joined by Rusty Day and Jim McCarty. This formation recorded three good Hard/Boogie/Blues albums.
By the end of 1971 Day and McCarty left and Cactus disbanded in 1972.
This recording at The Rock Pile in Long Beach, Long Island still features the original line-up.


Sound Quality: 9

Source: Soundboard

Track List:
01 introduction 
02 Bag Drag
03 Evil
04 Long Tall Sally
05 Alaska
06 Oleo


2 comments:

titus luxor said...

What a coincidence. I was listening to Cactus yesterday. Something I may post (wasn't this one)

AtticRock said...

Cool, some days ago I listened to my vinyl copy of 'One Way... or Another' after a long time. Their slow version of '"Long Tall Sally" is still of my least preferred songs.