April 5, 2015

Samantha Fish Live At Sellersville Theater (08.02.2015)

KC’s Samantha Fish, 22, gives the blues a fresh twist!

and well pretty to booth! 



Kansas City-based Samantha Fish has been on a major roll ever since she teamed up with Cassie Taylor and Dani Wilde on Ruf’s 2011 release, Girls with Guitars, and fueled by the trio’s Blues Caravan tour of Europe and the U.S., created an international buzz in the blues world. Later that same year she recorded Runaway, her solo debut on Ruf, which mixed gutsy riff-blues rockers like “Down In The Swamp” with the mellow small-hours jazz of “Feelin’ Alright,” while marinating her songwriting in the groove of the Rolling Stones and even tipping a hat to Heart. “It’s all the sounds I grew up with,” she explained at the time, “with my own spin.” Earlier this year Samantha joined label mate Devon Allman for a sultry duet of the Tom Petty classic, “Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around,” that appeared on Devon’s Turquoise CD and accompanying video.
Hitting a receptive international blues and rock press, Runaway was hailed as a thrilling opening statement, earning a string of rave reviews and radio airplay, climaxed by her winning the Blues Music Award (BMA) for “Best New Artist Debut” in 2012. “I’m truly humbled by the recognition,” Samantha said afterward. “I can barely wait to make record number two…
 This recent concert even includes for your head banger side a cover of Black Sabbath War Pigs!



NEW LINKS:
May 27/19


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this concert, I saw Samantha during the European blues caravan tour as the opening act for Nazareth and... Kinda fell in love with Samantha that night. :)

Derek from Paris,

Bob said...

I've been listening to her two albums, she is playing by me on June 5th, want to go see her, loving the sound and I'm in my 50's, she is a great talent and will soon skyrocket to the top. Writes, sings and plays a mean guitar, very rare these days. Thanks for this upload, going to stick it on my iPod and start listening.

TestHerzog said...

Thanks for sharing this. I've never heard of her. However, after discovering your post, and reading the comments, I'm looking forward to listening. Again, thank you.

Anonymous said...

please repost http://soundaboard.blogspot.com/2015/04/kcs-samantha-fish-22-gives-blues-fresh.html

Rippin Frog said...

SAMANTHA FISH new links on the post
be aware that if you just post anonymous I will not feel obliged to answer your request