January 3, 2012

Santana - Ypsilanti, Michigan 1975

Santana at the Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti, Michigan on May 25, 1975. A show called Summer Celebration also with Peter Frampton's Camel and Lynyrd Skynyrd as guests.
This sound comes from a King Biscuit Flower Hour vinyl with part of the concert.


Sound Quality: 9.5

Source: Pre-FM

Track List:

01 - Black Magic Woman
02 - Gypsy Queen
03 - Oye Como Va
04 - Time Waits For No One
05 - Give And Take
06 - Incident At Neshabur
07 - Savor
08 - Soul Sacrifice

Files:

MP3
FLAC

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Muito obrigado. São sempre grandes discos.

Anonymous said...

check the date of this against The database in the official Carlos Santana site.

I think it's actually
1975-07-01
Olympia Stadium, Detroit, Michigan

that data base has no gig dates for may 1975

Anonymous said...

Amazing music, thanks a lot!! Love it!! :D

Anonymous said...

Hi,
is it possible to re-up flac?
thanks

Anonymous said...

I see most of Santana gigs are gone.
is it possible to re-up flacs in some spare time?
thanks

Anonymous said...

I think this might actually be the Beacon theater NYC Fm show, from Dec 1975 - the setlist is EXACTLY the same, and because it is not the full set played, the odds of the EXACT same songs being selected in the editing stage, for two different shows, make it unlikely.

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure this is the Beacon Theater.

Paul Ezell said...

This concert was indeed at Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti, Michigan on the campus of Eastern Michigan University on May 25, 1975, regardless of the Santana database. I was there, age 19, and it was my first time seeing Santana and the only time I saw either Peter Frampton or the original Lynyrd Skynyrd. And though I've attended over 1000 concerts in my life, I've talked about this outdoor concert with friends every year since without fail. Certainly in my top 20 personal favorite performances in a lifetime of concertgoing.
Paul Ezell

Unknown said...

I was there he held off the storm