October 30, 2019

Good Rats - Bottom Line, New York 1981

I read somewhere that Rolling Stone magazine has labeled Good Rats as "the world's most famous unknown band."
They're undoubtedly a great live act as proves this show at the Bottom Line in New York on March 31, 1981, just about a month after the release of the album Great American Music.
'This is the real deal, would you please welcome... the Good Rats'


Sound Quality: 9.5-

Source: FM Broadcast

Track List:
01 WNEW & Peppi Intro
02 Glad To Have You Back
03 Taking It To Detroit
04 Deal Them With The Count
05 New York Survivor
06 Julie
07 Great American Music
08 Girls Are My Life
09 Icy Cold, Burning Hot
10 School Days
11 Audience
12 Rock & Roll Point Of View
13 On My Way To School
14 Klash-Ka Bob
15 Bass & Drum Solo
16 encore break
17 Yes or No
18 That Ain't Right For Me No More
19 WNEW Credits

MP3
FLAC pt1
FLAC pt2

12 comments:

La Piazza Gancio said...

There's a great live album out there somewhere. Well-worth digging up.

And thanks, of course, for this!

drogos said...

Hello,
Yes it's right. These band is quite unknown especially in France and he should deserve a lot of fans. I am. I don't remember if I have this one. Many thanks to share it. RIP Peppi who died not so long ago with complete indifference of the music papers and radio.
best regards,
drogos

geofre said...

True - the greatest unknown band in the history of rock.

Btw: And Peppi was a genius. R.I.P.

DougL said...

I had seen them a couple of times when I was a teen in NY-great band. Try to find some of their first albums as they are excellent. RIP Peppy. Thanks for sharing!

titus luxor said...

Ah I see it is different. Had to search your renowned blog
as it is not in the tag list

AtticRock said...

Rolling Stone labeled them as "the world's most famous unknown band." so I couldn't tag them :)
Just made nwe links.

titus luxor said...

So you are part of the conspiracy to keep me Ratless...et to Brute?

AtticRock said...

Ah... well the truth is that the tag widget is not very friendly to edit, so sometimes some names are left out.

gtrboc said...

Good Rats a great band, saw them a bunch in the late 70's in Jersey Bar circuit. Saw Peppi with his son a few times play a local record store no long before he passed. The music is great. Any chance of re-upping this one, would be appreciated. Thanks

Bill

AtticRock said...

Working now!

Horst said...

Could you please re-up this one? Much appreciated!

AtticRock said...

Yes, Good Rats have now fresh cheese, I mean links.