June 24, 2019

Roy Harper - Bremen, Germany 1978

Roy Harper, an English singer, guitarist and songwriter with a career spanning more than 50 years was a major influence in the work of some of rock's prime artists having worked with many of them namely Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, Kate Bush, Pink Floyd, etc.
He perfoms solo in this concert in Bremen, Germany from January 25, 1978 that was rebroadcast in 2012 by Radio Bremen.


Sound Quality: 9.5

Source: FM Broadcast

Track List:
1 Girl From The North Country
2 Another Day
3 I Hate the White Man
4 South Africa
5 The Game
6 Forget Me Not
7 One Man Rock and Roll Band
8 When an Old Cricketer Leaves the Crease

MP3
FLAC

5 comments:

Bob Mac said...

Thanks for Roy.

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much!
Rank Stranger

Anonymous said...

I've been a RH fan for about 40 years. I thought this was just the Rockpalast show stripped down, but it's a different performance from the day before, and I've never heard of it before. So thanks much for this!

AtticRock said...

Sure, mega links working now.

nospam said...

Thanks for updating the links! I can't wait to hear how Roy rearranged 'The Game' as a solo piece.

I saw Roy at a London poly in late 83. Before the gig, I touched base with his son, Nick, to set up an interview. Roy happened to be filming the gig for a proposed home vid release (which never materialized), and I interviewed him onstage and on-camera right after the gig for about half an hour. I'd love to see that gig footage after all these years.

We then did a proper interview a couple nights later in Brixton, with the condition that we also went out to play snooker. FUnny guy. His story on how he ended up singing "Have a Cigar" on Floyd's lp is classic.