May 19, 2024

Toto - Le Zenith, Paris, France 1987 02 04

First time for Toto here, a band that I included in the soft rock 'tag' and never really paid much attention to.
Which is an error as these experienced musicians that took part in much of the worlds best selling albums as sessions players also did some great songs under the name Toto.
As proves this show at the iconic Le Zenith in Paris, a concert included in the Fahrenheit World Tour 1987.


Sound Quality: 9.5

Source: Soundboard

Track List:
01 Till the End
02 Mama
03 99
04 Somewhere Tonight
05 I'll Be Over You
06 Could This Be Love
07 Guitar Solo
08 Georgy Porgy
09 I Won't Hold You Back
10 Girl Goodbye 
11 Keyboard Solo
12 White Sister
13 Interlude
14 Rosanna
15 Hold the Line
16 Reach Out


6 comments:

Gman said...

Thanks so much for this great boot. I've always enjoyed Toto, from the time they released their first album in 1978. I got to see them in 1982, at the height of their fame. Though I lost some interest in them in the 90s and 2000s, they're still great to see live. I've seen Steve Lukather several times with Ringo Starr and just say toto open for Journey this year. Thanks again, and for expanding the artist list on Soundboard!

AtticRock said...

Thank you for the comment Gman, curiously their song I probably like the most, Saint George & The Dragon was not played in this show.

titus luxor said...

They should always play the whole Hydra album!

Gman said...

The Hydra album didn't get nearly enough acclaim! I've always enjoyed it. They'd play 99, which was their biggest hit off the album. And Mama, Lorraine and White Sister less, but it doesn't seem like they played much of the rest off that album. I love Hydra and St. George and the Dragon. All Us Boys is a fun one as well. Their 3rd album, Turn Back, got even less air play, but it has some really solid songs as well. I do have a short bootleg from Japan on March 13, 1980 where they did play Hydra and St George. It's only 8 songs but it's a good quality. Seems like they shelved most of the album, for live performances, after IV hit it big.

Derek said...

I would assume that this is not the complete concert at 84 minutes. Certainly not playing Africa, their biggest hit ever in France, would have caused a riot and Toto players are not kind of rioters.

Greetings from Paris

AtticRock said...

Well put Derek, I hadn't noticed that :)
According to setlist it was played between Georgy Porgy and I Won't Hold You Back.
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/toto/1987/le-zenith-paris-france-33de3ce9.html