January 1, 2023

AtticRock's best albums of 2022

Another year has passed, let's forget momentarily that the world is going crazier every year... and enjoy some music.
Below is my list of the best albums released in 2022 with the preferred on top. Female singers on the first and second positions, go girls, rock'n'roll needs you!
I wish you all a great 2023!

 : |   TOP ALBUMS    | :

Brave Rival - Life's Machine




Ann Wilson - Fierce Bliss



Eddie Vedder - Earthling



Ghost - Impera




Tyler Bryant and the Shakedown - Shake the Roots




Ozzy Osbourne - Patient Number 9 




Thunder – Dopamine




Jethro Tull – The Zealot Gene




The Sheepdogs – Outta Sight 




Joe Lynn Turner – Belly Of The Beast





 : |   Honorable Mentions    | :

Cats In Space – Kickstart The Sun



Pixies - Doggerel




Cardinal Black – January Came Close



Whiskey Myers – Tornillo





8 comments:

Noel M said...

I enjoyed this list! I didn't even know Ann Wilson put out a record this year - checking that out right now and digging it. Also, never heard of Tyler Bryant and the Shakedown and am enjoying checking this out now.

AtticRock said...

I'm glad you're enjoying it Noel, what about Brave Rival?

AtticRock said...

Just remembered that the cover artwork for Ann Wilson's album was made by Roger Dean, the famous designer!

marcao said...

I trust your good taste, I'll get to know the albums on this list, great 2023

Derek said...

Thanks. Just got the Pixies Doggerel offered by my son.

Here's my litte list :

1. Steve Hacket - Seconds out and more (just because it's Seconds out...)
2. La Maison Tellier - Nice folk rock band from Normandy
3. Neil Young - Toast (I appreciated the CH versions)
4. Samantha Fish - Faster (looking forward to see her in Paris)
5. Alestorm - Live in Tilburg (just crazy DVD)
6.Andy Fairweather Low - Live in Cardiff (nice music and well played, very enjoyable)
7. Gary Numan - Intruder (the guy still is creative enough to put off good new songs and profound lyrics)
8. Alice Cooper - Live from the Astroturf (nostalgia but good one)
9. Ghalia Volt - One man band (good blues girl from Belgium)
10. Golden Earring - Know we love you (the last performance ever).

Greetings from Paris,

AtticRock said...

Marcao, I appreciate the vote of confidence!
Have a great 2023.

Derek, as usual I'll be happily checking some of the items on your list and I know where I will start: La Maison Tellier.

Derek said...

I would suggest on Yutub :
La Maison Tellier - Sur un Volcan (clip officiel)
which is from a previous album.

AtticRock said...

I enjoyed the song and the clip, hope the 'jeune fille' hasn't hurt her feet with so much dancing on the asphalt :)
Watching now their show at Scène ZebRock 2020, YT courtesy, excellent.