January 1, 2021

AtticRock's best albums of 2020

2020 was a very sad year globally, music wise the pandemic left us without live concerts.
However the artists didn't stop working, many of them got into the studio to produce and create some great and memorable music.
I know that the majority of the blog visitors just come here to grab some music and don't care about lists but as a reminder we're still open to receive your lists through this form.

Anyway, here's my choice of the best albums I got to hear on 2020. 

 

 : |   TOP ALBUMS    | :
 
Fish - Weltschmerz
Best tracks: 
Walking on Eggshells, Waverley Steps (End of the Line), Weltschmerz





Joe Bonamassa - Royal Tea
Best tracks: 
A Conversation With Alice, When One Door Opens, Royal Tea





Philip Sayce - Rising Spirit
Best tracks: 
Wild, Fits Me Good, Spirit, She's the Music

 
 


 

Bruce Springsteen - Letter to You
Best tracks: 
Ghosts, Letter To You, Burnin' Train, Song For Orphans



 
Blue Öyster Cult - The Symbol Remains
Best tracks: 
The Alchemist, Nightmare Epiphany, Secret Road




 
Ozzy Osbourne - Ordinary Man
Best tracks: 
Goodbye, Straight to Hell, All my Life

 



Blues Pills - Holy Moly  
Best tracks: 
Proud Woman, California, Dust, Wish I'd Known





The Texas Gentlemen - Floor It!!!
Best tracks: 
Skyway Streetcar, Ain't Nothin' New, Last Call




Deep Purple - Whoosh!
Best tracks: 
Throw My Bones, We're All the Same in the Dark, Nothing at All, What the What




Cats in Space - Atlantis
Best tracks:
Spaceship Superstar, Marionettes, Can't Wait For Tomorrow





Other great albums:

Kim Mitchell - The Big Fantasize
Biff Byford - School Of Hard Knocks
Pearl Jam - Gigaton
Kansas - The Absence Of Presence
The Struts - Strange Days

 
  

3 comments:

Derek said...

Yes, the BOC one is a great one. Still have to listen to Deep Purple's one, and will have a listen to Fish. Thanks for all this,

Derek de Paris :)

AtticRock said...

Derek, I took a glimpse at your list and discovered an interesting German singer who I never heard before, sounds great: Sofia Portanet.
Last year it was Hubert-Félix Thiéfaine from which I found a soundboard at Festival des Francofolies on 1988. I think I'll post it soon.
Have a great year!

Derek said...

Yes Sofia looks a little like a younger Nina Hagen, I think I discovered her through Voodoo Wagon if my memory serves me well.
Happy New Year